To help ensure you get the most from the day we have created this checklist as an aide memoir of some of the pre-day preparation and some housekeeping information you may find useful.
- Storytelling quilt – bring along your piece of cloth 10cm x 5cm, that is personally significant to you to form part of the overall quilt of stories for the day.
- Bras – bring along your (and those of your friends and family who can’t come along) to donate to Oxfam. Bras are complex garments and recycling them offers great support for women in the developing world.
- Think about what morning workshop and discussion group you want to attend, as you will need to register your interest on arrival. Places are limited and are on a first come first served basis (list attached).
- Check out the Speakeasy sessions on arrival and register your interest for the one you want to attend. Once again they are on a first come first served basis, so don’t miss out register early.
- Remember to try as many of the activities as you can, they’re all included in the ticket price.
- Remember to bring your business cards, there will be plenty of opportunities to network and there is a prize draw too. Pop one of your cards in the silver ice bucket at registration to ensure your chance of being winner.
- f you need a photograph printed bring it along (jpeg format) on a memory stick and Brother, one of our generous sponsors, will happily print it for you.
- If you are in a position to either offer help or are seeking help, why not place a notice on our seek and share board. Ask one of the crew about it when you are at the registration desk.
- Wear layers, the Monastery temperature can fluctuate throughout the day and this is the best way to ensure your own comfort.
- Please do not bring valuables as there is no secure space, any loss or damage will be at the owner’s risk. There is hanging space for coats but again the Monastery can not accept responsibility.
- Car parking – if the Monastery car park is full, please use the over flow car park at on Endcott Close School opposite the Monastery. A map and directions are attached. Please also consider car sharing – the LinkedIn Group will help you to make contact with other participants.
- The experience of the day and everyone attending will be captured via various different methods – visual artists, radio vox pops, video diary room, filming throughout the day. Please make it known to one of the crew if you wish to opt out of all or any of these activities. We are hoping to upload some of the filming to YouTube and most of the other information onto our website at www.manchesteriwd.co.uk after the event.